How do you welcome a new client?
As a coach, consultant, or
You want to make sure that you’re setting yourself up for a positive experience for both of you right from the start by providing your new client with a transparent and simple welcome guide which congratulates your client on making the right choice, outlines your operating principals, and more.
The purpose of your new client welcome guide is to:
- Prepare your new client for a positive working experience
- Let your new client know what he or she can expect from working with you
- Let your new client know what you expect from him or her (
- Announce your office hours, who else they may work with, and a few boundaries
- Eliminate confusion
- Anticipate any questions that may arise
- Remind your new client about key points in your contract or agreement
How to set up the sections of your new client welcome guide
- Welcome your new client and remind them of why they hired you in the first place! Welcome them to your community and congratulate them on making such a wise investment.
- Your preferred contact information. Include
- Your office hours and basic turnaround times.
- Your core mission and guiding principals
- Your team members they may be in contact with
- Holidays for the year including planned office closures
- Invoicing & billing procedures
- Lead times & turnaround times
- Missed appointment policies
- Refund policy
- Terms and conditions / legal disclosures
- A huge THANK YOU
- Your signature with a clear call-to-action and links they may need
Easy peasy! Start writing out the sections in a Google Doc then have your designer or VA (or you) match it to your brand and save it as a PDF. Make sure you update it every year by adding a reminder